Abdominoplasty / Tummy tuck Colombia
Reshape your figure in areas of your body that are affected by excessive fat buildup.
What is an Tummy tuck?
Of all the existing treatments to remove fat and sagging in the abdomen, Abdominoplasty in Bogota or Lipectomy is among the best options.
The weight gain, pregnancy and other conditions of each patient produce what we call “apron abdomen”. The purpose of the procedure is to remove that excess skin; we rebuild the abdominal wall and give a new, more defined waist, improving natural curves. It is a surgical procedure in which all the fat and skin accumulated over the years is removed and that other treatments cannot remove. In addition, the muscles of the abdominal wall relaxed after childbirth or from prolonged obesity are sutured to achieve that much-desired flat belly effect.
What does an abdominoplasty imply?
A complete abdominoplasty usually lasts between 2 and 3 hours, depending on the amount of correction needed. A mini abdominoplasty usually lasts between 1 and 2 hours. An abdominoplasty is done through a long incision from one hip to the other, just above the pubis. A second incision is made around the navel, so that it can be separated from the surrounding tissues.
A mini abdominoplasty uses a much smaller incision, also above the pubis, not requiring the incision around the navel, which in some cases can be lowered when stretching the skin.
The skin is then separated from the abdominal wall upwards until the ribs are reached, exposing the abdominal muscles. These muscles are tightened and bonded in the middle line, thus providing a firm abdominal wall and a narrower waist. The separated skin is stretched in the direction of the pubis and the excess skin removed; the navel is placed in its new position. Finally the sutures are performed and a bandage and a temporary drainage tube are placed to remove any excess fluids that may accumulate in the intervened area. In a mini abdominoplasty, the skin separates only between the incision and the navel, removes excess skin and performs sutures.
What is the postoperative abdominoplasty like?
The postoperative abdominoplasty requires strictly complying with all surgeon indications for the healing process to be the most optimal:
- The first few days after this plastic surgery, the abdomen usually has inflammation, pain and discomfort that can be solved by mediation.
- You’ll need to rest for the first week after you have an abdominoplasty.
- It is recommended to start walking as soon as possible to reduce the risk of venous thrombus.
- External stitches are usually removed around a week, while internal stitches should remain for two to three weeks.
- The girdle you wear after removing the bandage should be worn for about a month.
- Your doctor will tell you what type of exercises you should do to reduce inflammation and tone your muscles.
- After abdominal surgery, you’ll experience loss of sensation in the abdominal region that you’ll gradually recover. It usually takes six months to a year to fully recover it.
- Depending on the evolution of each patient and the type of work they are engaged in, some will be able to return to work at two weeks, while others will have to wait up to a month.
- Try not to gain weight so that the results of the intervention are not diminished.
- After an abdominoplasty avoid making efforts that involve the work of the abdominal area. If you have constipation, you can use laxatives.
Advantages of tummy tuck
An abdominoplasty or lipectomy in Bogota is recommended for people with large fat clusters in the lower abdominal region and who also want to improve the sagging of the same.
Here are the advantages of this treatment:
- Single intervention: Excess fat and skin that may generate other diseases (type 2 diabetes, hypertension, etc.) is removed.
- No back pain: Improves back pain related to excess weight in the abdomen area.
- No irritations: Irritations caused by excess skin disappear.
- Single intervention: elimination of excess fat and skin that can lead to other diseases (type 2 diabetes, hypertension, etc.).
- No back pain: Improved back pain related to excess weight in the abdomen area.
- No irritations: Irritations caused by chafing due to excess skin disappear.
Who is the ideal candidate to undergo an abdominoplasty in Bogota?
Ideal candidates for abdominoplasty are those women or men who have a relatively good silhouette but are concerned about fat buildup or excess skin in the abdomen and that does not improve despite diet or exercise.
Abdominoplasty in Bogota is especially useful in women who have had several pregnancies, after which the skin and abdominal muscles have relaxed and have not regained their initial tone. It can also improve skin elasticity loss in older people, a situation often associated with moderate obesity.
Patients who need to lose a lot of weight should postpone surgery, as should patients who intend to have future pregnancies, as during surgery the vertical muscles of the abdomen are strained and can relax again in the course of a pregnancy. If there are previous scars on the abdomen, this surgery may be contraindicated or the scars may change position. In other cases, this surgery manages to eliminate them.
Dr. Guevara is your ideal surgeon
Schedule your appointment today